This is a really simple massage technique that stimulates acupressure points on the face to help clear up a stuffed or runny nose.
Pressure is applied using the index finger to each pair of points for approximately 10 seconds at a time. The pressure should be firm, but not so much that it causes pain. Rotate your finger very slightly on each point so that the effect is a gentle pressure and release. There are only 5 steps to remember and no special equipment needed so it is very easy to perform this technique wherever you are.
- Begin at the points either side of each nostril. As you slowly rotate your index fingers your nostrils will close. If you find this uncomfortable try alternating the rotations so that you only have one nostril closed at a time.
- Slide your fingers upwards towards the bridge of the nose and apply the rotating pressure just above the inner corners of the eyes.
- Now slide your fingers up over your eyebrows and around your eyes to come to rest on your cheekbones where you will apply the 10 second pressure to the third pair of points.
- Using two fingers, stroke your cheekbones from the nose towards your ears and apply pressure to the fourth pair of points, behind the earlobes.
- Finally, give the lobes of your ears a good massage to finish.
The routine should be repeated three times and most people will notice an immediate (though unfortunately temporary) effect … why not leave a comment below?