Lucy offers both warm oil massage and thai yoga massage to pregnant women as well as 1:1 yoga sessions for exercise, birth preparation and deep relaxation.
During the first trimester of pregnancy, massage is considered potentially risky as the body is going through rapid changes. A restorative yoga session at this stage however would be very beneficial and could include some light, soothing massage.
Later on in pregnancy, massage can be used throughout for maintaining wellness and vitality. It boosts the immune system, the circulatory system and reduces swelling in your joints, as well as allowing you crucial quiet time to relax and connect with your baby.
Usually pregnancy massage is offered in a side-lying position so there is no need to lie on your tummy (but we can use bolsters and bean bags to make that possible if you want to!)
The treatment can take place on our extra wide extremely comfortable therapy couch, or on a comfy mat on the floor. When you book your treatment, please state whether you would prefer an oil massage or thai yoga massage.
Massage lessons are also available for couples that would like to learn techniques to use on each other.
Massage therapy carries an inherent risk of spreading corona virus. It is simply not feasible to maintain physical distancing while having a massage. However, we are following the advice from our professional body Federation of Holistic Therapists and we believe it will be possible for us to operate in a way which minimises the risks and we do intend at some stage to re-open for massage bookings. This will be in line government and FHT advice.
Please familiarise yourself with the following procedures which we will be following when we do re-open for bookings. We believe that by following these procedures we can not only minimise risk, we can also make your treatment experience here really special.
- We will be reducing the number of appointments available and allowing more time between clients for through cleaning of the treatment room, bathroom and communal areas.
- We will be removing all soft furnishings and fabrics that cannot be washed between clients.
- We will not be accepting cash payments – all payments are to be made online prior to your appointment.
- We will be operating a more flexible cancellation policy to allow you to cancel up to three hours before your appointment without penalty if you or someone you are close to develops symptoms of Covid-19 (or anything else!)
- We will be asking you to complete an online consultation form prior to your first appointment.
- You will be provided with clean towels and robes in order to enjoy a relaxing bath or shower before your treatment.
- For Thai Yoga Massage you will be provided with a clean set of Thai Pyjamas to wear during your treatment.
- We will be serving you herbal tea after your treatment so you can relax and enjoy your time here and gaze on our lovely view!
Our mission is and has always been to create for you a “space to be”. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Book Online – Not Currently Available