Lucy offers both warm oil massage and thai yoga massage to pregnant women as well as 1:1 yoga sessions for exercise, birth preparation and deep relaxation.
During the first trimester of pregnancy, massage is considered potentially risky as the body is going through rapid changes. A restorative yoga session at this stage however would be very beneficial and could include some light, soothing massage.
Later on in pregnancy, massage can be used throughout for maintaining wellness and vitality. It boosts the immune system, the circulatory system and reduces swelling in your joints, as well as allowing you crucial quiet time to relax and connect with your baby.
Usually pregnancy massage is offered in a side-lying position so there is no need to lie on your tummy (but we can use bolsters and bean bags to make that possible if you want to!)
The treatment can take place on our extra wide extremely comfortable therapy couch, or on a comfy mat on the floor. When you book your treatment, please state whether you would prefer an oil massage or thai yoga massage.
Massage lessons are also available for couples that would like to learn techniques to use on each other.
Massage therapy carries an inherent risk of spreading corona virus. It is simply not feasible to maintain physical distancing while having a massage. However, we are following the advice from our professional body Federation of Holistic Therapists and we believe it is possible for us to operate in a way which minimises the risks of cross infection
Please familiarise yourself with the following procedures which we are now following:
- We will be reducing the number of appointments available and allowing more time between clients for through cleaning of the treatment room, bathroom, front door and communal areas.
- We will be removing all soft furnishings and fabrics that cannot be washed between clients.
- We will not be accepting cash payments – all payments are to be made online prior to your appointment.
- We will be operating a more flexible cancellation policy to allow you to cancel before 9am on the morning of your appointment without penalty if you or someone you are close to develops symptoms of Covid-19 (or anything else!)
- We will be asking you to complete an online consultation form prior to every appointment.
- Lucy will be wearing a clear visor during your treatment.