Thai Yoga Massage takes place on the floor on a comfortable mat and you remain clothed throughout. This is a deep, relaxing massage which also incorporates stretching techniques.
Some people say it is ‘like having a yoga class done to you’.
This is typically a whole body treatment but Lucy will work with specific postures, lines of connection and breathing techniques based on the aims of the treatment. You will have the opportunity to discuss this at the start of the appointment.
Lucy has undertaken considerable massage training in Thailand and this traditional treatment is one of her favourite to give. It involves the use of rhythmic palming, rocking and and acupressure techniques, along with facilitated stretching. Each treatment is adapted for the individual. As both a yoga teacher and massage therapist, Lucy is well placed to really tailor the style of the treatment and the stretches applied to suit each and every body.
Traditional Thai Foot Massage
This is a relaxing ritual for your feet, beginning with a warm foot soak and then a deep massage on each foot and lower leg with aromatic oils. It is practised everywhere in Thailand an essential part of everyday life!
Often combined with Thai head, neck and shoulder massage to make a complete head-to-toe treatment.
Massage therapy carries an inherent risk of spreading corona virus. It is simply not feasible to maintain physical distancing while having a massage. However, we are following the advice from our professional body Federation of Holistic Therapists and we believe it is possible for us to operate in a way which minimises the risks of cross infection
Please familiarise yourself with the following procedures which we are now following:
- We will be reducing the number of appointments available and allowing more time between clients for through cleaning of the treatment room, bathroom, front door and communal areas.
- We will be removing all soft furnishings and fabrics that cannot be washed between clients.
- We will not be accepting cash payments – all payments are to be made online prior to your appointment.
- We will be operating a more flexible cancellation policy to allow you to cancel before 9am on the morning of your appointment without penalty if you or someone you are close to develops symptoms of Covid-19 (or anything else!)
- We will be asking you to complete an online consultation form prior to every appointment.
- Lucy will be wearing a clear visor during your treatment.