Lucy’s pregnancy yoga classes include relaxation, meditation and simple, flowing yoga sequences. They are non-competitive and suitable for any level of yoga practice and experience including complete beginners. Classes are suitable for women who are 14-42 weeks pregnant and even beyond – we love to meet your babies when they arrive!
Please subscribe to our FREE Online Mini-Course
Booking is now open for the Summer term. If you need some more information please get in touch.
Summer Term 2021
Sundays 9.30-11.00am via zoom*, maximum group size 11 women.
- Five week course starts Sunday 18 April
- Five week course starts Sunday 13 June
- Five week course starts Sunday 8 August
Each live course is supported by a series of pre-recorded videos, which can also be accessed separately on an honesty box basis, to work through at your own pace.
*The core content is delivered on zoom, which works very well for pregnancy yoga – allowing each of us to create our own home practice space and go deeper with our yoga. Social opportunities are created both online via Facebook and WhatsApp and in person for those based in North Northumberland. As restrictions ease, we can allow for 2-3 women to join us at the studio in Shilbottle each week, but you may actually prefer to have a Sunday lie in and stay cosy at home!
Classes are taught by Lucy Maresh. Lucy is a mum of two herself and has been running groups for pregnant and postpartum women in Northumberland since 2009. Since then, hundred of women and babies have enjoyed her holistic and nurturing approach to yoga, based on well over the standard 500 hours of yoga teacher training and almost twenty years of experience as a massage therapist.
Although we all know there is ‘one born every minute’, the birth of each of our babies is in fact a truly profound and transformative moment in our individual lives. Lucy’s yoga classes provide a space to honour and appreciate this journey as a rite of passage, and to connect with others along the way.
Yoga is based on an ancient philosophy which teaches us we are made of five qualities or layers – body, breath, mind, heart and soul.
Each pregnancy yoga class contains:
- Postures for optimal strength, stability and comfort during pregnancy
- Postures to support Optimal Foetal Positioning (how your baby presents for labour)
- Movements to support good circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Modifications and adaptations for anyone with pelvic pain or any other injury/restriction
- Pelvic anatomy and pelvic floor awareness
- Breathing techniques for relaxation during pregnancy and labour
- Restorative yoga and guided relaxation specifically for pregnancy
- Meditations on the mothering path
- Bonding with your baby through movement, massage and sound
“Relaxing. Supportive. Great advice. Nurturing. It was the highlight of my week through most of my pregnancy and through the sessions I formed a great network of support”STEPH
“A holistic class for the body, mind and soul. Helps you look within and to connect with your baby and your journey into motherhood. You get so much more than just an exercise class, you access Lucy’s wisdom and warmth and feel at home in her class. A moment of peace in the week.”RACHEL
“I found it really helped manage aches and pains of pregnancy. The relaxation was also very needed at a time when I was quite anxious.”REBECCA
“Happy, relaxing, very supportive and personally I found this class a real mood booster.”GEMMA
“It’s a really nice way to take time out and connect with your baby. Lucy is really knowledgeable and so good at what she does. The classes are still really bespoke and well planned online. It’s good that you have all your props already at home so can make a good nest.”JO JO
“A beautiful time to check in with your body and your baby and meet other mums to be. Lucy is so knowledgeable and the classes have been so precious to me.”CLAIRE
What you get from joining a live course:
- Five 90 minute zoom lessons
- Over five hours of video and audio content for self practice
- Private chat and support online via WhatsApp and Facebook
- Free 15 minute 1:1 with Lucy (zoom/phone)
- £15 discount on any massage or mentoring with Lucy