- Sunday 27 June – SHILBOTTLE HALL 6.30-8.30pm
- Sunday 18 July – SHILBOTTLE HALL 6.30-8.30pm
- Sunday 25 July – ONLINE 7.30-9.00pm
‘Being in the Cycles’ is a yoga workshop open to all which encourages inner listening and personal agency. Choose your own intensity of practice, be your own boss and enjoy your practice in the supportive company of others – online or in person.
Around the time of Summer Solstice, our journey through the year is at its peak or summit. Here in the Northern hemisphere we have many hours of daylight in which to work or play.
I watch the ferns unfurling their fingers and the daisies opening their petals to the sunshine.
Join me in June and July for yoga practices to ‘open’ us from within and uplift our spirits.
As in nature, there will be movement and stillness.
‘Being in the Cycles’ Flow & Restore Yoga with Lucy
- Sunday 27 June – SHILBOTTLE HALL 6.30-8.30pm (£15)
- Sunday 18 July – SHILBOTTLE HALL 6.30-8.30pm (£15)
- Sunday 25 July – ONLINE 7.30-9.00pm (honesty box)
Register here for online classes (via Zoom)
Book here for in person workshops at Shilbottle Hall.
Recordings of previous online workshops are available here.
The philosophy of yoga teaches us that everything in the universe that exists outside of us, also exists within us. There is a space within us as deep and wide as the starry skies we might gaze into on a clear night. To practice yoga is to journey in this inner landscape, and to practice yoga ‘in the cycles’ is to pay attention to its seasons.
Sunday night zoom classes started during the lockdown of March 2020 are open to all. You can join us from anywhere in the world, and the practices are suitable for complete beginners, while also providing some philosophical food for thought for those with more experience.
The sessions are themed around the seasons of the year and in particular the eight festivals of the celtic wheel of the year.
What this indigenous tradition shares with yoga is an attention to both our inner and outer environments. What might attention to the turning of the earth and its seasons teach us about our own inner landscapes and cycles? What might meditative awareness of our body, breath and mind teach us about the natural world and our role within in?
Previous classes are available to catch up on video by registering for Home Practice Resources.
These classes are offered on an honesty box basis (which means you pay what you can).
- 25 July ONLINE – just before Lughnasadh
- 5 September ONLINE – approaching the Autumn Equinox
- 24 October ONLINE – ready for Samhain
- 19 December ONLINE – Winter Solstice
- IN PERSON DATES TBC
Women Only – Being in the Menstrual Cycles
For women only I am running a course of four sessions specifically about the experiences of menarche, menstruation and menopause. The aim is to bring more awareness to our menstrual cycles (or lack of them) and an appreciation of the cycle as a whole – each phase having its place and purpose in our overall sense of wellbeing and vitality.
We will learn yoga practices (movement, breathing and relaxation) which support us at different phases of our hormonal or life cycles.
Here is a rough outline of the four sessions:
- Being in the Cycles – introduction, connection and the basic practice.
- Sap Is Rising (Inner Spring) – menarche, maidens, pre-ovulation
- In Full Bloom (Inner Summer) – creativity, mothers, ovulation
- Harvesting and Clearing (Inner Autumn) – seeing clearly, crones, pre-menstruum, peri-menopause
- Blood and Tears (Inner Winter) – birth and death, grief, loss, exhaustion, menstruation
Further information coming soon!