Lucy teaches yoga in the spirit of ‘the viniyoga of yoga’, an approach to the specific application of yoga for individuals developed by TKV Desikachar. This practice prioritises breathing, and movements which are coordinated with the breath.
She brings to this a particular interest in restorative yoga (as developed from BKS Iyengar by Judith Hanson Lasater) and in yoga for women.
Classes begin with a short period of rest, feeling into the body and becoming aware of the natural breath. A typical class will then include flowing sequences, some restorative poses and relaxation, finishing with breathing practices and/or meditation. The classes are non-competitive and open to all ages and abilities. Termly courses tend to follow a philosophical theme.
Please subscribe to Lucy’s monthly email if you would like to receive updates, invitations and online resources.
Yoga Classes and Courses – Summer 2021
Friday 9.30-11am – Yoga at Shilbottle Community Hall
This is an open level class suitable for all. If you are new to yoga this would be a good place to come and learn the basics. If you have more experience you will enjoy this opportunity to work at your own pace in a supportive environment.
- Five week course starts Friday 11 June, £50
- Fridays 11, 18 & 25 June. 2 & 9 July
Yoga Workshops at Shilbottle Community Hall
- Restorative Yoga – the art of deep relaxation using supported yoga postures.
- Friday 28 May, 9.30-11.30am, £15
- Friday 16 July, 9.30-11.30am, £15
- Being In the Cycles – A seasonal and cyclical approach to yoga open to all including beginners.
- Sunday 27 June, 6.30-8.30pm, £15
- Sunday 18 July, 6.30-8.30pm, £15
Sunday 7.30-9.00pm – ‘Being in the Cycles’ on Zoom – not every week!
- Being In the Cycles – A seasonal and cyclical approach to yoga open to all including beginners
- Sunday 13 June , 7.30-9pm, honesty box
- Sunday 25 July, 7.30-9pm, honesty box
Thursday and Saturday 9.30-11am – Yoga on Zoom
These are both well established classes suitable for those with some yoga experience already. The classes include yoga philosophy and pranayama. Classes run in blocks of six classes and a commitment to the whole block is required but you can mix and match Thursdays and Saturdays. Contact us for further information.
Mother Nurture Yoga
Pregnancy Yoga and Postnatal & Baby Yoga Courses with Lucy are also running throughout the Summer term via a combination of online and in person classes.
- Sunday 9.30-11.00 Yoga for Pregnancy and Birth on ZOOM (14-42 weeks pregnant)
- Wednesday 11.30-12.30 Postnatal Rest and Restore on ZOOM (0-12months)
- Friday 11.30-12.30 Yoga for You and Your Baby at SHILBOTTLE HALL (3-12 months)