Lucy teaches yoga in the spirit of ‘the viniyoga of yoga’, an approach to the specific application of yoga for individuals developed by TKV Desikachar. This practice prioritises breathing, and movements which are coordinated with the breath.
She brings to this a particular interest in restorative yoga (as developed from BKS Iyengar by Judith Hanson Lasater) and in yoga for women.
Classes begin with a short period of rest, feeling into the body and becoming aware of the natural breath. A typical class will then include flowing sequences, some restorative poses and relaxation, finishing with breathing practices and/or meditation. The classes are non-competitive and open to all ages and abilities. Termly courses tend to follow a philosophical theme.
Please subscribe to Lucy’s monthly email if you would like to receive updates, invitations and online resources.
Weekly Group Yoga Classes
Classes usually take place on Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings 9.30-11am.
All group classes are taking a break during the school holidays and will resume in September. The timetable will likely remain the same as the Summer timetable (see below) but some classes may be back in our own studio. Please contact us to register your interest.
- Friday 16 July 9.30-11.30 – Restorative Yoga – waiting list contact us
- Sunday 18 July 18.30-20.30 – Being in the Cycles Flow and Restore (Shilbottle Hall)
- Sunday 25 July 19.30-21.00 – Being in the Cycles Flow and Restore (ZOOM)
- Saturday 31 July 10.00-16.00 – Yoga Day (Shilbottle Hall)
- Wednesday 14 July 9.00-13.00 – Mother and Baby Retreat
- Sunday 25 July 9.00-13.00 – Pregnancy Yoga Retreat
- Wednesday 28 July 9.00-13.00 – Mother and Baby Retreat
Individual tuition is the traditional way to learn yoga and is available on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly or ad hoc basis. Further Information
Online Yoga Class with Lucy Maresh
Home Practice Resources
There are more yoga videos with Lucy available at https://aspacetobe.thinkific.com/