The philosophy of yoga teaches us that everything in the universe that exists outside of us, also exists within us. There is a space within us as deep and wide as the starry skies we might gaze into on a clear night. To practice yoga is to journey in this inner landscape, and to practice yoga ‘in the cycles’ is to pay attention to its seasons.
‘Being in the Cycles’ is a yoga workshop open to all which encourages inner listening and personal agency. Choose your own intensity of practice, be your own boss and enjoy your practice in the supportive company of others – online or in person.
The sessions are themed around the seasons of the year and in particular the eight festivals of the celtic wheel of the year.
Being in the Cycles – Shilbottle Community Hall
Monthly Sunday evening workshops open to all (6.30-8.30pm, £15). Pre-booking is essential to avoid over crowding.
- Sunday 10 October
- Sunday 14 November
- Sunday 12 December
Being in the Cycles – Online via Zoom
Monthly Sunday evening classes offered on an honesty box basis and available to join in live or catch up later by video.
- 26 September – Autumn Equinox (previously advertised as 5 September)
- 24 October – ready for Samhain
- 21 November – “Bleeding in Peace” – extra class for women only
- 19 December – Winter Solstice
Women Only – Being in the Menstrual Cycles
For women only I am running a course of five sessions specifically about the experiences of menarche, menstruation and menopause. The aim is to bring more awareness to our menstrual cycles (or lack of them) and an appreciation of the cycle as a whole – each phase having its place and purpose in our overall sense of wellbeing and vitality.
We will learn yoga practices (movement, breathing and relaxation) which support us at different phases of our hormonal or life cycles.
Here is a rough outline of the five sessions:
- Being in the Cycles – introduction, connection and the basic practice.
- Sap Is Rising (Inner Spring) – menarche, maidens, pre-ovulation
- In Full Bloom (Inner Summer) – creativity, mothers, ovulation
- Harvesting and Clearing (Inner Autumn) – seeing clearly, crones, pre-menstruum, peri-menopause
- Blood and Tears (Inner Winter) – birth and death, grief, loss, exhaustion, menstruation
Join me on Sunday 21 November for “Bleeding in Peace” to get an introduction to this approach and find out more.