Lucy teaches yoga in the spirit of ‘the viniyoga of yoga’, an approach to the specific application of yoga for individuals developed by TKV Desikachar. This practice prioritises breathing, and movements which are coordinated with the breath.
She brings to this a particular interest in restorative yoga (as developed from BKS Iyengar by Judith Hanson Lasater) and in yoga for women.
Classes begin with a short period of rest, feeling into the body and becoming aware of the natural breath. A typical class will then include flowing sequences, some restorative poses and relaxation, finishing with breathing practices and/or meditation. The classes are non-competitive and open to all ages and abilities. Termly courses tend to follow a philosophical theme.
Please subscribe to Lucy’s monthly email if you would like to receive updates, invitations and online resources.
Yoga for All at Shilbottle Hall, Fridays 9.30-11.00am
A general, mixed level class suitable for beginners including movement, relaxation and meditation.
- Five week course starts 29 April
- Five week course starts 10 June
Book Here for Hall Yoga
Yoga on Zoom, Thursdays and Saturday 9.30-11.00am
Suitable for those with some prior experience of breath-based yoga. Classes are taught live on Zoom, with recordings available via our app. You can mix and match Thursday and Saturday classes, or attend both (just pick one as your main class).
- Starting Thu 21 April / Sat 30 April:
- Saturdays 30 April, 7, 14 & 28 May, 4 June.
- Thursdays 21 & 28 April, 5, 12 & 26 May.
- Starting Sat 11 June / Thu 16 June:
- Saturdays 11 & 25 June, 2, 9 & 16 July.
- Thursdays 16, 23 & 30 June, 7 & 14 July.
Yoga on Zoom, Sunday Evenings 8.00-9.00pm
Being in the Cycles continues in 2022 with an open, online yoga class to mark eight Celtic festivals and track seasonal changes outside and within.
Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
- Pregnancy Yoga, monthly on Sundays
- Postnatal Recovery and Baby Yoga, monthly on Wednesdays
Restorative Yoga Workshops at Shilbottle Community Hall
- Friday 22 April 9.30-11.30
- Friday 15 July, 9.30-11.30
Yoga Study Days
- Saturday 23 April 10.00-16.00
- Saturday 6 August, 10.00-16.00
1:1 Yoga Classes
Individual tuition is the traditional way to learn yoga and is available on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly or ad hoc basis. Further Information
Online Yoga Class with Lucy Maresh
Home Practice Resources
There are more yoga videos with Lucy available via our Community App