This is an opportunity to immerse yourself in a complete practice of active and restorative postures, seated breathing practices and meditation.
Overall it will be a restful and meditative experience and a chance to go deeper into both the theory and practice of yoga within in a friendly group.
The workshops take place at Shilbottle Community Hall. We can accommodate up to three participants from further afield in our guest suite here at A Space to Be.
Upcoming Study Retreat Days
- Saturday 23 April – Yama (how we relate to others)
- Saturday 6 August – Niyama (how we relate to ourselves)
- Saturday 29 October – Kleśa (the obstacles on our path)
10.00 Arrival and introduction of theme
10.30 Morning practice (asana and pranayama)
13.30 Afternoon practice (restorative)
15.30 Meditation and integration
The cost for the day is £55 which includes lunch.
The full weekend package is £195 per person, and includes two nights dinner, bed and breakfast in your own room at A Space to Be, and two extra small group practices in our studio.
Foundation Course in Yoga
Each yoga day is structured around a philosophical theme and is aimed at those with some yoga experience already.
Attendance at six study days along with some reflective practice and and 1:1 mentoring is roughly equivalent to a 60 hour foundation course (or personal development course for teachers). Please contact us if you are interested in this option.
- October 2021 – Prana Part 1 – nadi and chakra
- July 2021 – The three guna – rajas (movement), tamas (inertia) and sattva (clarity).
- January 2022 – Prana Part 2: The Five Winds (Prana Vayu)