Join Lucy for yoga, relaxation and meditation in the lovely Shilbottle Community Hall.
Lucy’s yoga method prioritises breathing, and movements which are coordinated with the breath. The practice is experienced in a meditative way, without music.
Please book your space before you come, and bring your own mat, blanket and cushion (there are a few mats to borrow if your forget yours or are trying yoga for the first time).
Fridays 10.00-11.30 – Yoga for ALL
Lucy’s Friday class at the hall is open level and suitable for all. Typically the class includes standing, kneeling, lying and seated postures but there are plenty of options if you need the support of chair throughout the class or prefer not to get down and up from the floor. If you are new to yoga this would be a good place to come and learn the basics. If you have more experience it is an opportunity to work at your own pace in a supportive environment. The maximum group size is 15 but often we are less. At the end of each half term we have an informal cuppa and chat.
Individual classes are sometimes only available at the last minute. To guarantee your space every week please book the whole block at the start of term. It is of course inevitable you may miss a week but booking the whole term ensures the viability of our lovely community class and also has several perks:
- You receive one class completely free of charge.
- You receive access to our Thursday Zoom classes and all the recordings so if you have to miss a Friday you can still get your yoga fix.
- You receive 20% discount on any massage therapy or yoga therapy sessions with Lucy at the studio.
- You receive a free subscription to the ‘Deepen’ section of our Community App for the duration of the term, giving you a library of 20-30minute audio and video practices you can enjoy in your own time.
- You have access to invite-only events and workshops and priority booking for all public workshops at the studio or the hall.
The next course runs from Friday 23 September to Friday 2 December with a half term week off on 28 October.
Booking is open for those who are able to attend the whole term (£90 for 10 weeks). A payment plan of £25/month spread across the term is also available – please contact us for details. Booking for individual drop-in classes will be available nearer the time if there are spaces.
Restorative Yoga Workshops
Once or twice a term we have a longer Restorative Yoga class. Restorative Yoga is using props to support the body in positions of comfort and ease for the purpose of deep relaxation. These sessions must be booked separately from the weekly class.
Restorative Yoga is a supported practice of silence and stillness – an accessible gateway to meditation.
- Friday 9 September 10.00-12.00
- Friday 28 October 10.00-12.00
- Friday 9 December 10.00-12.00
If you will be attending the class for the first time, please complete the registration form below before you arrive.