This workshop takes the format of a “birth rehearsal” and your birth partners/supporters are encouraged to come along too.
“The birth went so well, I spent most of the Labour at home and managed to cope with the pain using just the breathing and positions we talked about. The massage you showed M really helped and I think he liked having something to do.”
“Workshop was brill and really helpful. D says he found it interesting and above all relaxing!“
The workshop will cover:
- Third trimester yoga programme for maternal health and optimal foetal position
- Role of birth partner / simple supportive massage for late pregnancy and labour
- Managing labour / contractions with postures, breathing and massage.
- Optimum positions for birth (maternal)
- Birth intentions – environment, interventions, postnatal – what are your wishes?
- Advocacy – how and what to ask as pregnancy/labour progresses?
- Caesarean Section – planned and emergency – adapting to changes of plan
- Positive Visualisation and deep relaxation (Yoga Nidra) – this very very similar to hypnobirthing.
- Postnatal – first few weeks – maternal wellbeing, breastfeeding, role of partner.
The workshop is most suitable for those who have already been attending pregnancy yoga classes but if you have a strong interest it may be possible to attend this session without prior experience. Please get in touch before you book.
Group workshops are held every 2-3 months at a cost of £30 per couple. This workshop is also available as a private session just for you and your partner at a cost of £60 for 1.5-2 hours.
2017 Preparing for Birth with Yoga Workshop Dates
Friday 4 August, 7.00-9.30pm